Our client is a well-established procurement specialist, and part of a group of companies providing procurement services. It is the sourcing hub supporting all the regions. It provides strategic, tactical and project procurement services to the global resource-based companies and operate in the Pulp & Paper, Agro, Specialty Cellulose & Cellulosic Fiber or Energy Resources Development sectors.
- Managed chemical & commodity sourcing & procurement to support the mills
- Study and monitor the market conditions for the concerned commodity for sound and timely purchase decision and long term strategy planning
- Oversee the procurement of bulk and specialty chemical for all the mills
- Responsible to achieve assigned cost savings targets for commodity
- Manage price negotiation, identifying of new suppliers and materials, market study and monitoring etc
- Cost Optimisation
- Value Optimisation
- Bottom Line Cost Sensitive
- The approximate spend for this role is USD100 million or more per year. This role is responsible to perform up to 15 different chemical purchase with our vendors.
- Ensure technical, contractual, quality, and financial requirements are communicated, levied, understood, agreed to, and met by the supplier
- Establish key performance metrics to ensure on-time delivery of quality products and services
- Develop strategic alternate sourcing list to drive down the cost and ensure assurance of supply
- Consolidation of global requirements from all the business units
- Tracking global supply and demand trends
- Bachelor degree with proven performance track record in a highly diverse cross functional background
- At least 12 years of experience in strategic procurement, handling chemicals sourcing
- Proactive in managing issues
- Strong negotiation skills
- Techno commercial and possess good business acumen
- Mandarin language ability essential as you will be required to liaise with Mandarin speakers in overseas offices
Key Attributes for this role:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed resumes in MS Word format to the following consultant:
Name: Nancy Teo
EA No.: R1106963
Direct line: +65 6834 1250
All applications are treated in strictest confidence.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.
HRM3 Asia Pte Ltd
Licence No. 00C4167