The systems engineer is responsible to ensure service availability, performance and a good security posture of the systems, in provisioning core infrastructure services of a large environment. The operational tasks required need to be fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner with the other infrastructure engineering teams.
- Monitor and analyse systems performance data and tunes operating system (window and/or Linux) to improve performance, optimizes systems response time or make required changes in the environment
- Implement, maintain and ensure security control of Windows & Linux based infrastructure, in accordance with business requirements, in the areas of system software, clustering software and system management agents
- Troubleshoot and resolve Operating System related incidents and issue according to customer’s processes
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for OS related services
- Liaise with support vendors for maintenance, support and resolution of issues
- Perform capacity study to analyse current resource utilization and estimate future requirements
- Participate in the change management process to test and evaluate changes before deployment to production environment
- Understand the interdependencies of the systems/services and is able to pin-point problem area accurately to improve overall efficiency
- Assist in developing, maintaining and support of the Technical Disaster Recovery Plan
- Manage the server OS patching and security hardening procedures
- Perform evaluation, backup and restoration of systems based on business requirements
- Provide technical guidance to junior colleagues in their work
- Conduct operational meetings with customers
- Write and update of technical designs
- Keep abreast of technological advancement, emerging standards and new software/hardware solutions that may affect decisions on systems building or enhancements
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required or assigned
- Singapore Citizen is preferred. Singapore PR with strong skillset may be considered.
- 1 year renewable contract, will be converted to a permanent position depending on the performance of the individual and the business needs of the company
- Degree / Diploma in Electrical / Electronic / Computer Engineering / Information Systems or related discipline with minimum 3 years (minimum 5 years for Senior position) of relevant experiences in a large enterprise environment
- Candidate with experience in ITIL or possess ITIL Certification will be preferred
- Hands-on experience of Windows server OS troubleshooting and problem resolution with ability to troubleshoot independently
- Possess experience of installation, configuration and operation of Windows Server 2008/2012 and RHEL 6.x/7.x
- Working knowledge of following technologies – Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM / WSUS, Virtualization, Backup, Anti-Virus/Malware preferred. Knowledge on Redhat Linux would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of server hardware and equipment of major brands
- Familiarity with enterprise virus protection software and major systems’ monitoring software and functionality
- Automation and scripting experience will be an advantage
- Take initiative, accepts responsibilities and has a sense of urgency
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, customer-oriented and a strong team player
Qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed resumes in MS Word format to the following consultant:
Name: Nancy Teo
EA No.: R1106963
Direct line: +65 6834 1250
All applications are treated in strictest confidence.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.
HRM3 Asia Pte Ltd
Licence No. 00C4167